There have been many times where people have asked me, “How do you track your packages?”. The simple answer to that is an app that I use on my iPhone 4S called ‘Posted‘. This is an application that is a must if you order and receive many important packages like your sneakers. It’s an app that has been finding a lot of use from me for quite sometime and I’ ve come to appreciate it very much. I’ve looked into other tracking apps, but saw the high reviews this was getting on specific websites and from consumers that use it. So, I took the plunge and have been very happy with it to date…
One of the great reasons of owning this delivery app over others is its simplicity bundled with great details. The app only has three screens to choose from, but has many options within them. At the ‘My Deliveries’ screen you get to see how many calendars days, in iPhone calendar form, are left for your parcel to arrive. This includes the status and last update of the package. It even has different colors that highlight the packages which have been delivered or on their way. Touching one of your packages from ‘My Deliveries’ takes you further in to ‘View the Details’. Once there you can see the entire tracking trip of your item while it’s on route and of course and most importantly, its delivery date. This includes getting the functions of viewing the current location of the parcel on a map and a mobile link to the tracking companies website. Staying on that same page there are more options for editing details, reporting problems to the developer, copying the tracking number and even an email/share option. Be aware that you never actually leave the boundaries of the application. All these functions stay within the app which is great.
One of the biggest features of the app is its massive list of 131 delivery providers. The most out of all the delivery applications available for the iPhone. To pick one of these providers all you do is touch the ‘New Delivery’ plus sign on the app and you’re taking to the world shipping companies. From there all you do is pick the shipper from the list (it even lets you create a favorite list), add your tracking information and if its correct it will add it to the list with the latest update if any are available. Provider not on the list? No problem because there’s an ‘Other’ area where you can input their information. With the information already on the phone, there’s no need to go back in to check the details because the app has push notifications. Though that is a great feature to have, it doesn’t always work. The cause could be for many reasons, but I’ ll blame it on the network. Sometimes when the phone is away in your pocket or bag while you work around, it will not always have the strongest or same single as opposed to the iPhone being out and in your hand. Something that is a bit annoying, but nothing really the maker of this app can fix.
Other than the push notifications issue, this app is a winner and a definite must have. It does exactly what it’s suppose to do. Track your important parcels in an easy and convenient way. If not for this great app, I would always be wondering where my package is or even if it was actually delivered. Highly recommended. You can go ahead and download the app now for only $1.99.
- Currently supports over 131 delivery providers from around the world
- Add new delivery by specifying a delivery description and tracking number
- Displays current status, last updated date, delivery history log etc
- Enable account sync to keep your iPhone and iPad parcels in sync! (full version only)
- Enable Push Notifications and get alerted when the status of your package changes! (full version only)
- Barcode scanning available for those that are sending packages (3GS, 4 only). Simply scan the barcode rather than entering in the tracking number.
- Use EMS (Smart) to intelligently combine the origin and destination tracking information into one parcel
- View map of current parcel location (only available with some providers)
- Share delivery status by email
- Favorites list for your most commonly used providers
What Features Will Be Added In The Future?
- More and more providers. We want to support hundreds upon hundreds!
- Auto detect carrier
- Multi-lingual app
- And much much more…
All Photography By Angel Gonzalez/Vagrant Sneaker© 2012. All Rights Reserved.